2013 Summer Intern
- Requisition #: 202939482
- Job Category: Information Systems
- Operation: Open Systems Programming
- Job Group: Intern-Coop
- Job Grade: 007
- Job Code: 2177
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: MAHWAH, NJ 07430 - RAMAPO RIDGE I.S. CENTER
WSP–CS Major-Grad 2014 or later
Are you a student looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company, spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking college students to join our team. If you are a highly motivated college student pursuing a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, or related major, then UPS is a great place for you to start your career.
The WSP Summer Intern will work in the Windows Systems Programming department on documentation. The Windows Operating System Automation team builds tools for the automated deployment, configuration and management of Windows operating systems within the UPS global enterprise. The student will prepare, update and validate support and implementation documentation for WSP built custom tools on a windows platform.
The successful Intern will have worked with or have experience in:
The Summer Intern must be able to work 32-40 during the summer (generally May through August, 2013).
- Intermediate to advanced MS word and Excel skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Windows based technologies
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Programming knowledge a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
Microsoft Office –Intermediate or Advanced Excel
Troubleshooting, Analytical and Communication Skills
Basic MS Outlook skills
Ability to work within a dynamic, agile team
Active Directory knowledge a plus
OS/Application unattended/silent installation knowledge a plus
The Summer Intern must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program working toward a degree in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program working toward a degree in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline.
- Graduating December 2013, May 2014 or later.
UPS - 2 years ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...