2013 Summer Program and Special Education Liaison– |
Please submit a
Pari Beyzavi, Ph.D
Dates to work: work will begin in June 17
, and carry through July 25
- Valid license in special education teaching, psychology, social work or counseling
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills and ability to lead
Hours / Rate of
Pay: Actual schedule and remuneration will be set once students are registered.
- Mandatory attendance at the summer program, and Special education ESY meetings.
- Work in collaboration with district summer program administrators and ESY Program Coordinator.
- Coordinate program design and implementation and be present during all hours of summer program session.
- Coordination with the host site, and staff assigned to students.
- Attend Summer school, and Special education training meetings.
- Work with summer program site coordinators to identify students with IEPs attending summer program sites.
- Work with ESY program coordinator in referring Students with ESY plan attending summer program to ESY cluster sites.
- Coordinate initial parent notification of summer program assignment, schedule, classroom activities, and general contact information.
- Provide Support to Teachers having students who may need additional supports.
- Coordinate and oversee Transportation: if needed, communicate to all parents of students needing Special education transportation (via bus tags and letters) the times and street locations for pick-ups and drop-offs. Inform transportation of student address changes.
- Create the site Support staff schedules, including bus coverage before and after school, lunchroom coverage during breakfast and/or lunch, and classroom support during the student contact day.
- Provide teachers with a copy of student IEPs, behavior intervention plans, and emergency contact/health care needs.
- Receive, organize and distribute district curriculum materials and supplies to classrooms if needed.
- Collect, organize and secure curriculum materials from teaching staff at the end of summer program.
- Submit student daily attendance to ESY Program Coordinator on weekly basis.
- Complete check out process - meeting with the summer program administrator, and ESY Program Coordinator on last day of ESY program.
- Work with school nurse for administration of medication, first aid and episodic care.
- Answer inquiries from parents in person, via the phone and/or email as presented.
- Other duties will be covered at the summer program Coordinator meetings.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Minneapolis Public Schools - 20 months ago