2013 Summer Public Relations Internship
Company Name: IBISWorld
Location: Santa Monica, Calif.
Position Type: Part-Time, Intern
Compensation: Academic Credit Only
vExperience: 0-1 years
Desired Education: College Junior or Above
IBISWorld is the nation's most trusted independent source of industry and market research, offering a comprehensive database of unique economic information and analysis on every U.S. industry. Valued for its depth and scope, IBISWorld's extensive online portfolio equips clients with the insight necessary to make better business decisions. IBISWorld is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, just a short walk to the beach, The Santa Monica Pier and Third Street Promenade. We are a fast-growing company that rewards results and hard work. We have a casual work environment and aim to create a great corporate culture where people enjoy working hard, collaborating, learning and having fun. www.ibisworld.com
The 2013 Summer Public Relations Internship is designed to identify and develop top entry-level talent. The intern will work closely with the Vice President of Media Relations on the following tasks:
- Uploading content, maintaining and analyzing performance of the media center
- Creating, distributing and analyzing performance of the monthly newsletter
- Creating and releasing marketing email blasts
- Identifying daily news articles and sharing items with the company's social networks
- Identifying daily press opportunities and coordinating pitches
- Sending out newly update product pitches/announcements
- Helping with sales campaign planning and execution
- Maintaining a calendar of staff media activities
- Maintaining media project calendar
- Composing distribution lists
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Being part of weekly brainstorms and strategy meetings
IBISWorld is a fast-growing company with a creative atmosphere. The position provides hands-on, real-world training in corporate communications and media relations.
- Public Relations/Journalism/Communications major
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of AP-Style writing is a plus!
- Reliable and organized
- Ability to work autonomously
- Quick learner
- Passion for learning the corporate communications/PR industry
- Willing to work 15 to 20 hours/week
- Must have the ability to receive academic credit from a learning institution
If you are interested in applying, please e-mail Savannah Haspel, email@example.com , with "INTERNSHIP" in the subject line. Include a cover letter, resume, days/hours of availability and your school's internship requirements. To be considered for this position, IBISWorld requires that the applicant will enroll in an internship class at his/her academic institution prior to the internship start date.
We look forward to hearing from you!