A graphic design intern designs print or digital forms of visual communication, as for an advertisement, publication, website, POP/POS, OOH, retail, environmental, promotional or other graphics. 2D design interns construct both the process (designing) by which the communication is created and the products (designs) which are generated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assist in planning and implementation of projects.
Study, use and fully understand design group brief and or client/team-supplied brief.
Understand a corporate brand and properly adhere to guidelines/requirements.
Effectively collaborate with superiors / design team / account leads.
Critique teammates/peers in a meaningful manner.
Assist in the mentorship and teaching of other designers (re: technical abilities)
Create sketches of conceptual / exploratory ideas.
Research products and/or services to positively impact design ideas.
Visualize conceptual ideas through design programs.
Develop well-designed, cohesive, dynamic visual elements.
Take art direction and work with provided copy, artwork, photographs.
Keep files precisely organized and folders structured as required.
Digest and apply key-learnings, feedback plus necessary changes from critique.
Assemble layouts for final production.
Assemble presentations and/or components of that presentation.
Effectively communicate design solutions at both a business and creative level.
Spray mounting, copying, binding, shipping and filing artwork.
Review digital or printed proofs as needed (onsite or at vendor).
Travel as needed to client-related work opportunities.
Maintain archive of professional records/ detailed housekeeping (email, timekeeping, expenses).
Present to internal and external teams as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Builds trust and respect though open communication with contact.
• Actively seeks opportunities to foster all relationships by creating a supportive communication environment.
• Possesses proactive, appropriate and timely communication skills across department, agency and clients.
• Directs behavior to emphasize the achievement of organization goals and core values.
Time Management/Priority Setting:
• Allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what not to spend time on; completes work in a timely fashion.
• Holds high regard for personal performance and professional accountability.
• Determines the interrelationship of tasks and the relative importance; makes plans and takes action accordingly.
• Puts issues, work tasks, paperwork, etc., in logical fashion.
• Develops a path to a desired outcome including sequence points, and time estimates.
• Designs with a detail-oriented and meticulous nature.
• Possesses zero tolerance for error.
• Possesses exceptional typography and clear, concise solution-based design skill.
• Has high-level expertise in constructing clean, layered files.
• Gathers and analyzes information, identifies goals, explores and selects solutions, implements an action plan and evaluates results.
Extremely proficient in the following computer programs: Adobe CS5 InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge
Proficient in: Microsoft Office, Apple Keynote, Acrobat Pro.
Knowledgeable in: Social media, FTP technology, stock photography searching
Web design knowledge preferred
Educational and Professional Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design (or equivalent) is required, or in pursuit of degree
Experience within Design, Advertising, Marketing (or equivalent) firm is preferred
Please include a resume and link to your online portfolio or samples.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
GMR Marketing - 14 months ago
GMR Marketing brings products to the people. The company produces product promotions at shopping malls, temporary retail locations,...