After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected®. Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top Property & Casualty insurance companies in the United States and ranks 111th out of 3,000 companies which puts us in the top 4% of Property & Casualty insurance companies in the nation. Pekin Insurance also ranks 140th out of 900 Life insurance companies in the nation—making Pekin Life in the top 16%. In the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected® in all their endeavors.
For more information, visit www.pekininsurance.com
2nd Shift Janitor (Part-Time)
This position is responsible for doing general office cleaning including, vacuuming carpets, dust mopping, wet mopping hard floors, emptying trash cans, and cleaning toilets and sinks, etc. Must have ability to operate large floor cleaning equipment. This position will require 4 hours a day, 5 days a week beginning at 4pm. This position may also be on-call for a full 8 hour shift on 2nd shift once a week.
• Cleaning of assigned area of the property, including vacuuming carpets, dust mopping and wet mopping hard floors, and cleaning toilets and sinks, etc., in rest rooms.
• Buffing tile floors as needed.
• Keeping all equipment used in clean, working order.
• Emptying all trash cans in assigned area and cleaning them as needed.
• General cleaning duties as assigned.
• Perform any other task assigned by the Night Maintenance Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or better.
• Some general janitorial experience preferred.
• Experience using buffers and vacuums required.
• Exposure to dust, dirt, and vapors of cleaning chemicals and solvents.
• The position will require the incumbent to engage in the following activities: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, fingering, grasping, feeling; some of which may be repetitive.
• The incumbent will have to sit, stand, and walk for various periods of time while performing the duties of this position.
• Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to carry on a conversation with other individuals in person, over the telephone.
• Visual ability sufficient to read written information and computer displays.
• Incumbent will be required to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Incumbent performs complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge, its application to a variety of situations, as well as exercise independent judgment.
Pekin Insurance - 19 months ago