Be part of a greater purpose through a direct hire career opportunity as a Cloud Developer in Rochester, MN. Architect, design and develop back-end Web-based applications, and Web/Internet services. Perform complex programming tasks. Manage full software development life cycle, including providing support for complex issues. |
• Develop internet applications using the Microsoft .NET framework and related development technologies such as ASP.NET, Silverlight, and a supported programming language (e.g., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual C#)
• Perform various coding and programming tasks, such as design and development of back-end Web-based applications, and Web/Internet services.
• Code and integrate text, graphics, sound, and/or video
• Create documentation of design
• Deliver quality code, on time, with rigorous testing
Education and Work Experience:
• BS degree in Computer Science OR equivalent work experience
• 1-3 years of software development experience, with emphasis on product architecture and design
• Web Developer with 1+ years of experience in the following:
• C#, .Net, ASP.NET, Silverlight
• Streaming files (especially audio, video, and other bit files)
• IIS preferred
• SQL Server 2008 (stored procedures, LINQ) and other potential database platforms and access methods
• Web Service development
• Knowledge of mySQL or other databases is an advantage
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
• Team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary startup team environment.
• Successfully able to coordinate and collaborate on projects with individuals in geographically dispersed locations (including offshore resources).
o Take a large project and break it down into consumable parts for other web developers in varying locations.
o Self-motivated and able to work autonomously when necessary.
o Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle several projects at once, many of which are of a short duration.
• Able to work with abstract requirements and then prototype perceived requirements to gather feedback and adapt project accordingly.
• Willing and able to wear multiple hats, as necessary.