GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.Determines new computer vision and image analysis algorithms for medical image data; Determines statistical image features, determines machine learning and classification technologies; determines incorporation of imaging physics into detection algorithms, researches new algorithms, develops prototypes; Performs clinical validation of algorithms and tools.
As 3D Medical Image Analysis Scientist, you will
- Develop software algorithms and tools for analysis of medical image data
- Invent and develop algorithms for feature extraction, classification, detection, and quantification
- Leverage imaging physics to enhance algorithmic performance
- Establish validation and verification strategies
- Establish clinical collaborations for external validation of algorithms
- Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and making presentations
- Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields with a focus on Medical Image Analysis.
- Hands-on experience in 3D Medical Image Analysis
- Strong understanding of the image formation chain for medical imaging devices such as Ultrasound, MR, CT
- Demonstrated ability to write C++ code both for quick demonstration of ideas and robust, efficient, scaled-up software systems.
- Candidate must be willing to travel a minimum of 3 weeks per year.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Complementary expertise in computer vision as applied to medical imaging applications
- Experience working with pathology and microscopy data
- Exceptional C++ Skills. Experience with ITK, VTK, or any large-scale C++ library.
- Post-doctoral or industrial experience inventing and developing computer vision or medical image analysis algorithm
- Team player with effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 22 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...