Back to list |
3D Tool Install Designer Location: Albany, NY Contract Type: Temporary Joining Date: soonest Term of Advertisement: 09/07/2013 Company: M+W US, Inc. Job ID: 1549 Business Segment: Construction Target Group: Professionals
Duties and responsibilities:
Responsible for generating semiconductor process tool installation design packages and working with the construction trades to ensure that the tools are installed per the designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (non project specific) include the following:
- Work with all appropriate Client & M+W stakeholders to understand the scope of work, schedule, budget, and other project instructions and responsibilities.
- Work with all appropriate Client & M+W stakeholders to determine intent and contents of each drawing package.
- Work independently to complete tool installation design packages within budget and schedule: review drawings for completeness, constructability and coordination with other tools located near by and with other design disciplines (base build).
- Follow M+W’s TI design procedures (White Book).
- Follow M+W’s Quality procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Discipline Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (project specific) include the following:
- Interpret Point Cloud data created by phase based laser scanning (Leica) and create 3D objects for use in AutoCAD software programs (3D objects primarily facility service piping, conduit, wireway and structural objects i.e. columns)
- Using AutoCAD MEP to create/import 3D models of piping, electrical services, HVAC services, plumbing etc. into background model created from laser scans and ensuring a ‘Clash Free’ design. 3D models to created using 2D facility service design packages
- Run ‘Clash Detection’ reports using Autodesk Navisworks software. Create reports in excel or data output directly from Navisworks. Utilize clash data to rework 3D design to achieve ‘Clash Free’ status
- Navigate through Navisworks 3D design (Walk, Pan, Orbit, Turntable, etc.) with Client, & M+W stakeholders and trade contractors to prove ‘Clash Free’ design
- Individual must possess good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast pace work environment
- Flexibility to change tasks and perform simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking)
- Familiar with electrical and piping compentry
- Must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP
- Experience in working on 3D projects (petrochemical industry, beverage company industry, car manufacturing industry – preference: semi-conductor industry)
- Proficient in use of Autodesk Navisworks – Navigating, clash detection, etc.
- Experience of using Leica Point Cloud (Cyclone) software is desirable
- Semiconductor equipment installation design experience is desirable
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
2 years of direct project experience
Technical / Software training certificates
AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP
Contact with all levels of personnel within the company as well as all levels of personnel with the client and the construction trades.
Attractive salaries, supportive environments, and excellent benefits allow for growth and career development with M+W Group. Relocation is available. If you want to join a dynamic environment that supports its employees to move up instead of move on, please forward your resume for consideration to email@example.com
M+W Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity.
M+W U.S., Inc. is a full service engineering, architecture, and construction management firm. Our focus is technically complex and challenging projects in the fields of scientific research, electronics, renewable energies, life science, battery technology, data centers and government.
Over our 98-year history, we have emerged as a world leader in the design and construction of research and development centers, mission critical facilities, and high tech manufacturing facilities spanning the gamut from proof-of-concept to high volume manufacturing. The partnerships we have formed take us to every continent in the world.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every facet, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
Interested? Please send your application stating your income requirements and the earliest day you could start working to , Phone: or write an email to , who will also be able to give you further information.
Our postal address for your application:
M+W U.S., Inc.
1001 Klein Road, Suite 400
Plano, TX 75074, USA
Phone +1 (972) 535-7300
Fax +1 (972) 535-7301
M + W Group - 13 months ago