Reports To: Store Manager
The primary responsibility of a Third (3rd) Assistant Manager is to assist the Store Manager in providing leadership and managing all processes of store operations to maximize store sales and profits. This position requires initiative, creativity and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
Model the Way Motivation Active listening
Coaching Training Open Communication
Customer Commitment Execution Verbal Communication
Merchandising Delegation Written Communication
- Identifies and responds promptly to Customers' needs.
- Ensures a consistent and fulfilling Customer experience.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Customers to increase sales growth and repeat visits through credit card, email and designer program.
- Assists in Training and the Development of a strong store team to provide an inviting, enjoyable, and fulfilling shopping experience to all Customers.
- Provides associate performance feedback to the Store Manager.
- Recognizes and celebrates performance that meets and exceeds company standards in partnership with the Store Manager.
- Promotes a fun, caring and safe work environment and holds store team accountable.
- Supports the Open Door Policy with all Team Members.
- Supports an open and professional environment of exchanging information.
- Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in written format and maintains the company’s confidentiality practices.
- Possess interpersonal skills.
- Delivers store’s daily business goals and meets weekly sales goals as established by the Store Manager.
- Assists in carrying out promotional merchandising plans and maintains presentation standards as directed by the company.
- Works in partnership with the Store Manager to protect and maintain company assets and resources to include, but not limited to, cash control, inventory, product handling and physical facility to prevent theft.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years equivalent experience – retail preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to handle and transport company funds daily to the bank location designated by Kirkland's Inc. Transportation of company funds will be conducted in a manner that does not place the funds in a vehicle with any non-Kirkland's Inc. person(s).
Job Requirements :
- Ability to lift and move 45 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to lift and move bulky merchandise on a regular basis
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb and lift to stock and retrieve merchandise from stockroom and sales floor on a regular basis.
Kirkland's - 12 months ago
When you just deplore your bare wood floor and feel the need to improve your home's décor, Kirkland's hopes you'll explore...