FULL-TIME IMMEDIATE PRODUCTION OPENINGS
At Hillshire Brands, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That's why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your career. All employees have a voice, and your ideas are valued. As an employee of the company, your individual contributions will make a significant impact on our overall success. Our organization benefits from the passion of individuals working together, so as an employee of Hillshire Brands you will have an opportunity to further develop your skills, gain new experiences and build new capabilities.
Hillshire Brands - New London facility has immediate full-time openings. These positions are responsible for a variety of duties e.g., set up, tear down, cleaning and operating of equipment, transport of material to/from production lines, and to produce and pack product.
) - Deli Area Utility(2
) - Preblend Grinder Operator (2
) - Machine Maintenance (2
) - Skinless Area Utility(2
) - Skinless Packer (2
- Skinless Machine Operator (3
) - Skinless Grinder Operator (3
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remove inedible and/or rework from the clean room vestibule and transport it to the inedible tank and dump it, if applicable.
- Move buckets weighing 280#; tanks weighing 2900# of final ground meat from holding cooler to grinding room. Move 20,000# of meat with a shovel or fork from strainers, correctors or combos, if applicable for position.
- Move 900# of product on racks from the holding cooler to the peeler room, if applicable for position.
- Must insure that the correct film, date, lot codes are used for the product that is being run.
- Collect and process production samples and rework, if applicable.
- Cleaning and sanitizing the packaging machines and KSI screens.
- Perform necessary counts, weights, measures, record statistics and process checks as required.
- Perform necessary metal detector checks.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in the department.
- Perform any other work as assigned by supervisor.
- Comply with all safety, food safety, GMP and SQF Requirements
- Must be HACCP qualified to do FIT checks on the KSI, if applicable for position.
- Will be required to participate in position rotations, if applicable.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor or lead person
Apply on-line at:
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to complete all paperwork and SAP functions.
- Ability to stand/walk for 8 hour+ shift, required.
- Ability to push/pull/lift between 30-50 pounds frequently, required.
- Must lift 30-50 pounds above shoulder, required.
- Ability to lift/carry/lower greater than 20 pounds with back and legs. (Heavy frequency; 5 repetitions per minute).
- Use of both hands required.
- Ability to flex/grip wrist/hands frequently. (High frequency flexions; up to 15 per minute).
- Ability to reach high and low levels, required.
- Ability for rapid mental/muscular coordination simultaneously.
- Climb flight of stairs 4 times per hour/ bend for long periods of time, required.
- Ability to distinguish between shades and/or colors.
- Ability to work in wet and cold temperatures at 35 degrees.
- Must become tow-motor certified within the first 2 weeks of training, if applicable for positions.
About Hillshire Brands Company
Hillshire Brands Company (NYSE: HSH) is a leader in meat-centric food solutions for the retail and foodservice markets. The company generated approximately $4 billion in annual sales in fiscal 2012 and has approximately 9,500 employees. Hillshire Brands' portfolio includes iconic brands such as Jimmy Dean, Ball Park, Hillshire Farm, State Fair, Sara Lee frozen bakery and Chef Pierre pies, as well as artisanal brands Aidells and Gallo Salame. The company, formerly known as Sara Lee Corporation, began trading under the "HSH" ticker symbol on June 29, 2012, following the successful spinoff of its international coffee and tea business. For more information on the company, please visit
Equal Opportunity Employer
High School/GED or equivalent
Hillshire Brands - 15 months ago
Hillshire Brands Company (NYSE: HSH) is the nation's leader in meat-centric food solutions for the retail and foodservice markets. The...