IT Manager, Sales and Marketing Applications |
Minneapolis, MN (Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area)
The Manager of Commercial Applications leads efforts to advance our clients sales and marketing processes through the application of information technology tools. This position requires strong relationship-building skills, a thorough understanding of sales and marketing business processes, a strong understanding of best practices for information technology use in the these areas, and an unswerving devotion to problem solving and execution. This role will be solid-line into the IT organization, but will have dotted-line reporting into the sales and marketing functions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Partner with senior business function leaders to understand strategic direction, challenges, and opportunities within sales, marketing functions.
2. Identify information technology solutions that support our clients strategies and tactics around revenue growth and marketing effectiveness, including web presence and digital strategy.
3. Work with senior business leaders in the sales and marketing functions to prioritize IT-related projects, build business cases, and develop metrics for project success.
4. Lead a team of 3-5 analysts and developers in designing, developing, implementing, testing, and deploying application solutions.
5. Leverage mobile devices and applications, business analytics, and future technology advances to help our client meet its growth and productivity goals.
6. Maintain an existing commercial applications environment including SalesForce.com and other tools.
7. Support corporate-driven IT initiatives with impact on sales and marketing (ERP, others)
8. Ensure that application solutions comply with FDA software validation requirements.
9. Manage development and performance of team members on the Commercial Applications team.
• Bachelor ’s degree in related field is required. Advanced degree is a plus.
• 5-8 years of enterprise experience within an IT applications function
• 3-5 years of experience in supporting sales and marketing business processes
• 3-5 years of experience in software development lifecycle, including business process, requirements gathering, design analysis, system configuration and multiple disciplines of testing
• 3-5 years of staff management or work assignment responsibilities
• Ability to manage multiple technology solutions in a global enterprise
• Demonstrated strength in collaborating with multiple levels of leadership within an organization
• Strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, have a strong desire to learn and be adaptable to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Project management experience
• Business intelligence experience
• Proven capabilities in staff development and skill mentoring
• Work environment is generally favorable. Light physical effort. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and reach. Also regularly required to work on a keyboard/computer.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.