Essential Functions: |
• Strong commitment to do whatever it takes for all our students to be college ready and live with the mentality that, “Failure is not an option”
• An unwavering belief that all students can achieve at high levels
• Plan, prepare and deliver appropriate lessons using a variety of creative and innovative methods to keep students engaged and ensure a deep understanding of the content
• Constantly finding new methods of teaching to keep up with students’ different learning styles
• Utilize current events to make learning relevant to the world in which our students live
• Convey higher level thinking strategies and problem solving techniques appropriate for challenging and building skills in students
• Create and maintain a positive classroom environment that promotes good citizenship and commitment to REACH values
• Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
• Build strong relationships with parents by communicating frequently to inform them of student academic and personal growth
• Give appropriate, persistent and encouraging feedback
• Work enthusiastically and collaboratively with colleagues in vertical and horizontal planning in order to meet students‘ individual needs
• Identify special needs of students and seek additional support as needed.
• Commitment to professional development outside of the classroom and enthusiastically seeking regular in class observation and feedback from peers and Executive Leadership Team for continued growth
We are looking for a Teacher with the proper credentials to teach students in:
• Passed CSET, CBEST and CLAD exams.
• Valid TB test, CPR and First Aid Certification and Livescan upon hire
• Applicants MUST attach a cover letter/letter of intro, a resume and 3 letters of reference including a letter from your previous supervisor and school principal to be considered for this position
Failure to attach all necessary documents may result in your application being denied
Tired of the same boring traditional methods of teaching? Is singing and dancing a part of your daily routine? Do you yearn for creative freedom? We are looking for creative individuals who will find new and innovative ways to bring content to life and motivate our students! This isn’t just an option, it’s a way of life at Gompers Preparatory Academy. If you are ready for the challenge, please apply. We want you!
We believe the adults who work with our students at GPA must be committed to the work, must connect to students, must be coachable, must be collaborative, must have strong character, and must demonstrate mastery of the content area. Working with students is a privilege and becoming part of the GPA family is an opportunity to truly “make a difference for children and our society.”
GPA featured in the San Diego Union Tribune
GPA featured in San Diego Reader
GPA featured on NBC Education Nation