ACADEMIC SUPP SVCS, AST DIR 3
$45,000 – $55,000 negotiable based on experience.
If other work location
This position resides in Academic Affairs, Innovation Academy. Position is responsible for IA Minor undergraduate advising, orientation, co-curricular activity development and support activities.
30% Responsible for the academic and career advisement of Innovation Academy students.
• Within designated majors
• Appropriate innovation minor course offerings
• Serves as the liaison to the academic advising community providing them with Innovation Academy updates and changes to the program or policy. Serves as an Innovation Academy petitions officer
20% Serves as the Liaison to Enrollment Management (admissions, registrar, financial aid) and Preview.
• Communicates with Admission Office to ensure their admission officers are up to date on all Innovation Academy policies and program components
• Participates in admission presentations to Outstanding HS Scholars, etc., conducts program information sessions to prospective student and parents
• Liaison with Student Financial Affairs on all financial aid related issues
• Works with the registrar to collect and schedule appropriate Fall connection courses
• Liaison with New Student Programs and deliver presentation(s) at student orientation “Preview, Gateways & Foundations” relevant to Innovation Academy students
25% Manages co-curricular activities for the Innovation Academy program. This includes but is not limited to:
• Launch into IA – Spring Convocation
• Guest speakers series
• Innovation Academy Living Learning Community programming
• Research opportunities
• Internship opportunities
• Service learning
• Study abroad
• Innovation Academy ambassador program development
10% Organizes and Informs potential IA recruits during campus visits.
• Meets with potential Innovation Academy students and their parents to provide them with information about the Innovation Academy and its various components
• Advises incoming students during the summer Preview program on IA minor curriculum, available majors and IA co-curricular programming opportunities
10% Responds to inquiries from enrolled and prospective students and the public concerning Innovation Academy programs.
• Provides appropriate answers to referrals
• Establishes and maintains files of office correspondence, documents, reports, and other records
5% Unspecified – other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
Master’s Degree in higher education, student personnel services, or related field, along with two or more years of appropriate work experience (counseling, personnel management, advisement).
Experience with supervision of part-time staff and students.
Strong leadership skills.
Multicultural competency and sensitivity.
Candidate should be energetic, organized and creative.
Possess strong collaboration, interpersonal,
verbal and written communication, multi-tasking and teamwork skills.
Experience in advising or student affairs settings is highly desirable.
Strong interest in working with college students.
Health Assessment Required:
Special instructions to applicants:
Open Until Filled: