This position resides in Academic Affairs, Innovation Academy. Position is responsible for IA Minor undergraduate advising, orientation, co-curricular activity development and support activities.
30% Responsible for the academic and career advisement of Innovation Academy students.
• Within designated majors
• Appropriate innovation minor course offerings
• Serves as the liaison to the academic advising community providing them with Innovation Academy updates and changes to the program or policy. Serves as an Innovation Academy petitions officer
20% Serves as the Liaison to Enrollment Management (admissions, registrar, financial aid) and Preview.
• Communicates with Admission Office to ensure their admission officers are up to date on all Innovation Academy policies and program components
• Participates in admission presentations to Outstanding HS Scholars, etc., conducts program information sessions to prospective student and parents
• Liaison with Student Financial Affairs on all financial aid related issues
• Works with the registrar to collect and schedule appropriate Fall connection courses
• Liaison with New Student Programs and deliver presentation(s) at student orientation “Preview, Gateways & Foundations” relevant to Innovation Academy students
25% Manages co-curricular activities for the Innovation Academy program. This includes but is not limited to:
• Launch into IA – Spring Convocation
• Guest speakers series
• Innovation Academy Living Learning Community programming
• Research opportunities
• Internship opportunities
• Service learning
• Study abroad
• Innovation Academy ambassador program development
10% Organizes and Informs potential IA recruits during campus visits.
• Meets with potential Innovation Academy students and their parents to provide them with information about the Innovation Academy and its various components
• Advises incoming students during the summer Preview program on IA minor curriculum, available majors and IA co-curricular programming opportunities
10% Responds to inquiries from enrolled and prospective students and the public concerning Innovation Academy programs.
• Provides appropriate answers to referrals
• Establishes and maintains files of office correspondence, documents, reports, and other records
5% Unspecified – other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
University of Florida - 12 months ago