FINCA International, one of the world's leading microfinance institutions, provides financial services to over one million clients through 23 subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Greater Middle East.
FINCA International’s Enterprise Risk Management team is seeking an intern to develop a risk and internal controls database in Microsoft Access for implementation at our Washington, DC headquarters and 22 international subsidiaries. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in database development while working with a team of global experts for an important, social cause.
The intern will develop an Access database to assist FINCA in the collection, analysis, and control of risk events. The intern will work closely with FINCA’s risk management staff in Washington, DC and across the globe to assess data needs and to design and create a database solution. The intern will also create written guiding material and train risk management and internal controls staff.
- Experience designing and creating databases using Microsoft Access
- Minimum eight hours per week of volunteer time
- Professional attitude; ability to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multitask and complete projects on time and with keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to successfully complete tasks with minimal supervision
- College graduate or graduate student focusing on information technology, computer science, or a related field. Advanced degree a plus.
Please note this is an unpaid internship
FINCA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.