Provides sales support and generate business for all Seaboard Marine services. To represent the company’s interest in any function, specifically those which are customer-related. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess at least 5 years sales experience in industry related market.
- Intermediate Computer skills (in programs such as MS Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Fully bilingual English/Spanish (verbal & written).
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a business environment.
- Ability to prepare a variety of reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, vendors and fellow employees.
- Ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions.
- The ability to respond to common inquiries relating to the areas of countries of service assigned
- Strong time-management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative.
- Flexibility to attend Conferences, Trade Shows, visit specific customers, as it may be required.
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas as deemed necessary by sales management.
- Ability to work for extended hours, holidays and/or weekend, as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his fingers.
- Ability to sit and walk continuously.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a viable account base, focusing on all SML services, but gearing towards a specifically assigned market.
- Generate sales leads and other pertinent information on both existing and new business. Maintain a constant line of communication with all regional offices (domestic and foreign). Likewise responsible to respond to incoming sales leads for any assigned account(s)/territory(ies) within time frame set by sales and marketing management.
- Provide sales & marketing management, as well as all regional offices, comprehensive reporting on specific markets/accounts/competition on a regular basis, in order to maintain all interested parties properly advised and informed.
- Keep abreast of all tariff changes, including any new regulations and changes in rate applicability to maintain a constant and proactive line of communication with the Pricing Staff on related issues.
- Attend Department meetings as directed, and/or any other function such as trade shows, association meetings on a regular basis, representing SML in a professional manner.
- Oversee the overall performance of any specifically assigned market and/or account, and to interact with all parties in respect to the success of the same.
- Keep Director of Sales properly informed of any issues concerning the area of responsibility cited. To provide any necessary support as directed by Sales Management.
- Plan & manage a regular call cycle according to the standards and directives of sales management. This will include the daily reporting of all planned/effected sales calls, keeping a minimum amount of calls as required by sales management, and maximizing effectiveness through proper geographical identification of accounts. This will also include calls while entertaining customers and traveling.
- Profile and identify customer base and keep proper records updated. This will include account profiles, customer files, mailing lists, etc.
- Utilize all designated/provided resources and tools as directed by sales and marketing management, in the daily job functions. This will include use of the intercompany systems (i.e. STARS, AS400 Applications, Cognos, etc.).
- Maintain proper and accurate expense records of all customer entertainment, travel and other expenses in compliance with company policies.
- Maintain a constant and regular line of communication with the appropriate overseas offices, and to take the necessary action to ensure that all directives are being followed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Indoor office environment (30%).
- Outdoors environment driving to visit and meet with customers (70%).
- Exposed to non-controlled temperature and office environment controlled temperature intermittently during the day.
Receives direct supervision from the Director of Sales & Marketing. Does not exercise supervision over any position but may request the assistance of office/clerical staff.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Seaboard Marine - 23 months ago