The Account Executive is a solution seller by identifying opportunities to leverage TDS' full complement of solutions and technology offerings which encompass, hosted and premise based VoIP solutions, managed services and web security. As a business-to-business sales professional, the Account Representative is responsible and accountable for developing 100% new business opportunities.
Our sales force focuses on uncovering customer needs, understanding key business drivers, leveraging the latest technology, and delivering a compelling TDS solution to our prospects that meets their business needs in a timely manner. Consistent new business development through cold calling and prospecting with a drive to succeed in a quota driven environment are critical to the success of this position.
- Identify, contact and build relationships with prospective customers through a combination of telephone and in-person cold calls, networking and referrals to obtain appointments.
- Conduct sales calls to determine customer needs, gain information, determine how TDS can help solve business challenges and effectively communicate TDS' value proposition to prospective customers.
- Leverage the TDS CRM system to develop prospecting and sales strategy that ensures high activity and effective closing ratios.
- Writing and submitting accurate and timely orders following the established sales process.
- Design a tailored, cost-effective solution and sales plan for the account.
- Effectively utilize internal resources to customize and present solutions.
- Maintain accurate and timely customer status and forecasts utilizing the CRM system.
- Build and maintain relationships with contacts and lead sources.
- 2 + years sales experience.
- 1 + years of experience prospecting and generating leads through cold calling.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, insurance, and have access to reliable transportation.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing, multi-system environment.
- Proven ability to manage a territory using technology, prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to convincingly persuade others as evidenced in personal interviews and via telephone.
- Ability to clearly and effectively set goals and then attain them as evidenced by a track record of setting goals, creating a work plan, establishing a reward, working diligently, measuring performance, adjusting as necessary and then accomplishing the goal.
- Ability to work independently as evidenced by identifying problems, gathering data, weighing the facts, consulting others as necessary, making decisions and effectively implementing the decision.
- Track record of success in business to business sales.
- Computer literacy (i.e., Excel, Word, email, Internet)
- Must maintain quota levels.
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Eligible Immediately
Paid Time Off:
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K Eligible Immediately, Pension, and Flexible Spending Accounts
Education Assistance, Telephone and Internet Concessions
Extensive Training Program, Recognition Programs, Cell Phone Allowance and Mileage Reimbursement
Employment at TDS is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EEO/AAP Employer.
TDS, #504 on the 2014 Fortune® 1000, provides wireless; cable and wireline broadband, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to...