Provides guidance to customers and general information pertaining to requirements for exports/imports to/from the countries we service. Rates variations by commodity. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess 2 years’ experience in industry related Customer Service, Traffic and Rates.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 2 year College preferred.
- Possess intermediate to advanced computer skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Possess strong organization, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and extended hours, as needed.
- Possess advanced communication skills both verbal and in writing in English and Spanish.
- Positive attitude and demeanor is required.
- Flexibility towards adapting to changing market trends and conditions.
- Able to function comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think logically and follow procedures and instructions.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work in a goal oriented Team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner. .
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and writing.
- Ability to prepare a variety of reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and fellow employees.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing markets, trends, conditions and able to function comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to sit and walk continuously.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his/her fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Receive research and respond to customer inquiries and requests promptly and efficiently; offer customer alternatives to unresolved problems.
- Oversee the overall performance/progress of any specifically assigned accounts and interact with all parties in respect to the success of the same.
- Focus on providing a high level of service, in order to achieve highest satisfaction level from customers.
- Problem solving with internal/external customers.
- Keep management informed of any issues concerning areas of responsibility.
- Secure bookings effectively work with all divisions to insure the effective execution of same.
- Attend to high volume of incoming phone calls.
- Coordinate and arrange most effective mode of transportation, per customer’s requirements and needs, from point of origin to final destination.
- Coordinate delivery appointments for northbound shipments with Inbound and Intermodal Departments.
- Keep abreast of M/V changes or related issues as they pertain to areas of responsibility (countries in charge of), always maintaining close communication with customer base.
- Run and disseminate reports as part of keeping customers informed of their inventory at the ports and their facilities in order to minimize demurrage and per diems charges, hence, assisting on the turn around of containers.
- Profile and identify accounts, keep 807 customer’s listing up-to-date.
- Track shipments in transit or documentation through proper channels, as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Quote various types of rates (port-to-port, intermodal, over the road, railroad, transshipment) and effectively work with pricing department in developing rates as per customer’s needs.
- Issue corrections / invoices to bills of ladings as needed by customer requests or due to internal errors.
- Review and research proper rating of bills of lading as needed and audit customer account balances to assist Credit and Collections in maintaining a current receivables standing.
- Follow up with 807 sales staff on sales leads provided by outport offices and/or domestic offices
- Keep close line of communication with domestic offices and outports, to secure and develop new business.
- Serve as liaison between customers, pricing department, out ports and regional offices.
- Mild contract rate negotiations.
- Keep abreast of tariff changes, including any new regulations and changes in rate applicability, thus, maintaining a proactive line of communication with the Pricing department on related issues.
- Adhere and maintain a viable telemarketing system with all account base within the area of direct responsibility as needed.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Indoors office - Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Receives direct supervision from the 807 Customer Service manager. Does not exercise supervision over any position but may request the assistance of office/clerical staff.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.