Reporting to the Controller, the successful candidate will have the following main responsibilities for the New York City division:
- Completion of bank reconciliation, raw material inventory payables and reconciliation, and preparation and distribution of daily reports to support functional departments and management initiatives.
- Preparation of weekly payroll and associated reporting.
- Participate in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end procedures, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist Management with various projects.
- Provide back-up for various accounting positions.
- The candidate is also expected to promote the company’s philosophy.
- The chosen candidate must be a good representative of Norampac’s core values.
- The candidate should have an undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting, preferably in the manufacturing industry. A combination of training and equivalent experience will also be considered;
- Knowledge of payroll is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting and payroll software is beneficial.
- Dynamism, teamwork, resourcefulness, sense of initiative, and availability.
- Good decision maker with innovation skills.
- Establish priorities and a sense of urgency.