Keiser University's Office of the Chancellor is seeking an Accountant.
Accountants are responsible for providing support to the staff at the campus. This is accomplished through:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Performs statistical analysis to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Devises and implements system for general accounting.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
Accountants must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 2-5 years experience but a Master's is preferred.
This is a full time position that requires day and evening availability.
Only online applications will be accepted. It is not necessary to contact the campus. No phone calls or agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest in our school system. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Keiser University is a regionally accredited, private, career university offering master's, bachelor's and associate degrees. Keiser...