Corporate Office –
General Job Description:
Assists the Senior Accountants and Supervisor with general accounting operations; prepares monthly reports for management explaining variances from budget and historical results; performs research on technical accounting and financing reporting issues; assists with special financial analysis; prepares routine and nonrecurring journal entries, account analyses and reconciliations; assists in preparation of year-end audit reports; performs other related duties as required.
- Prepares routine and nonrecurring journal entries, account analyses and reconciliations in accordance with generally accepted acco unting principles.
- Communicates unusual findings to operational staff and Gen eral Accounting management team.
- Performs reconciliations and analytical review of accounts in a timely manner. Investigates differences and makes any necessary adjustments.
- Assists management and others in related month-end processes and analytical review work.
- Prepares, analyzes and verifies data to meet regulatory and other internal/external reporting requirements such as year-end audit, cost reports, tax filings, etc.
- Gather and analyze data in support of projects assigned and proposed solutions; assists with special financial analysis and projects as requested.
- Ensures compliance with all finance policies and procedures.
- Serves as liaison between finance, operations and our customers
- Performs all other duties as assigned .
- Strong Excel skills required
Key Competencies : (Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Programming languages) Proficient use of 10-key calculator, personal computer, financial spreadsheets, and word processing applications are required. Must have excellent communication and writing skills; ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels. Ability to perform high quality and accurate work in a deadline oriented environment. Demonstrate problem-solving and inductive reasoning skills. Advanced experience with Microsoft software required.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Experience: 1 to 2 years previous experience
Sentara - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Health care's a beach for Sentara Healthcare. The not-for-profit organization operates a network of hospitals and other health...