- Work with the Corporate Finance group to maintain, monitor, and improve internal controls to provide proper accounting, reporting, and control of all financial activities.
- Supports multiple financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Prepares standard and non-standard journal entries for income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and other accounting reports. Follows general accounting practices and procedures in coding inventory, coding sales invoices and setting up new accounts.
- Researches unusual entries and/or entries that do not balance. Analyzes results and makes recommendations.
- Prepares financial reports and/or conducts/analyzes audits and reconciliations. Plays key support role in major/complex year end audits, inventories and/or projects.
- As directed, exchanges limited information and resolves issues with outside organizations and/or auditors.
- Provides accounting related advice and counsel to internal employees.
- Analyzes current practices/procedures and makes recommendations for change.
- Maintains records of financial documents with appropriate supporting material. Updates records as necessary.
- Other related duties as required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in business and accounting required.
- Broad working knowledge of various accounting standards and guidelines preferred which may include, but not limited to: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States of America (US GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), International Accounting Standards (IAS), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required, Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- 2-6 years (depending on level) of multi-faceted accounting and business related experience with previous project management experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Experience with JD Edwards preferred, SAP desirable. Strong Excel skills essential. Familiarity with data retrieval tools (i.e. Access, SQL) is a plus.
- Familiarity with manufacturing environment is very desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required. Ability to execute plans and meet deadlines is essential in this role.
The Raymond Corporation - 14 months ago
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...