- Prepares standard and non-standard journal entries for income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and other accounting reports. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to records. Follows general accounting practices and procedures in coding inventory, coding sales invoices and setting up new accounts.
- Researches and/or reviews analysis of unusual entries and/or entries that do not balance. Reconciles/resolves majority of entries. Forwards most complex/sensitive issues appropriately with recommendations.
- Prepares in-depth financial and operational analyses and/or conducts/analyzes audits or reconciliations. Makes recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures. Has team leader role for major/complex year end audits, inventories and/or projects.
- Assist in the preparation of forecasts and budgets.
- Exchanges information and resolves sensitive, complex issues with high level management/professionals from outside organizations and/or auditing firms.
- Provides accounting related advice and counsel to internal employees. Leads cross functional teams for accounting related projects. Projects may involve multiple divisions or may be international in scope.
- Provides work direction/support to Accountant I’s/II’s/III's and administrative personnel.
- Conducts special studies and analyzes or develops current accounting methods/practices/procedures and makes recommendations/decisions to change. Researches domestic and international accounting guidelines. May also conduct tax research both domestic and international.
- Maintains records of financial documents with appropriate supporting material.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATION:
- Receives limited supervision from manager.
- As team leader, is responsible for ensuring that all of team’s work is completed accurately and on schedule, including cross functional related accounting projects.
- Follows procedures, policies and/or guidelines for decisions but is expected to modify procedures/practices as required.
- Decisions are not typically subject to check and can have significant impact on work results of own department as well as on the operations of multiple departments/divisions.
- Conducts research and recommends implementation of accounting guidelines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in business and accounting required.
- Broad working knowledge of various accounting standards and guidelines which may include, but not limited to: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States of America (US GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), International Accounting Standards (IAS), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 6-8 years of multi-faceted accounting and business related experience required with previous project management experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Public accounting experience with audit focus in the manufacturing industry is desirable.
- Experience with JD Edwards preferred, SAP desirable. Strong Excel skills essential. Familiarity with data retrieval tools (i.e. Access, SQL) is a plus.
- Familiarity with manufacturing environment is very desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required. Ability to execute plans and meet deadlines is essential in this role.
The Raymond Corporation - 12 months ago
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...