EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATION:
- Work with the Controller and Corporate Finance group to maintain, monitor, and improve internal controls to provide proper accounting, reporting, and control of all financial activities.
- Support multiple financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and cost accounting functions: income statement and balance sheet presentation and results analysis, productivity, break-even, cost per unit, and KPI reporting, sales, discounts and product mix reporting, budget & forecast data assembly and change analysis, inventory costing and reconciliations, variance review and analysis.
- Assist in completion of the month-end results close process: prepare and post standard and non-standard journal entries, analyze, research and review unusual entries or balances, prepare or review standard month-end reports and presentations and distribute within deadlines, provide analysis of variances or deviations from the approved budgets or forecasts to analyze performance, and maintain records of financial documents with appropriate supporting material.
- Provide assistance to personnel performing Procurement, Materials Planning, Change Planning, Order Entry, and allied functions.
- Provide accounting-related advice and counsel to internal Finance personnel.
- Develop, or improve, and maintain Standard Work Processes for the Finance Dept. Employ TPS concepts to reduce financial information quality defects.
- Assist in supplying information for the annual independent Certified Public Accountant’s audit of Operation’s financial records.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and reports to support organization projects including Value Engineering, Product Development, Procurement, Manufacturing Engineering In-sourcing, Logistics and others. Organize and coordinate cross-functional teams independently as necessary.
- Other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required, Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
6-8 years of multi-faceted accounting and business related experience with previous project management experience preferred.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
Experience with JD Edwards preferred, SAP desirable. Strong Excel skills essential. Familiarity with data retrieval tools (i.e. Access, SQL) is a plus.
Familiarity with manufacturing environment is very desirable.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required. Ability to execute plans and meet deadlines is essential in this role.
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...