Percent Time: |
Type of Position
Regular: A position which is considered essential for the effective long-term operation of the university. Persons appointed to this position will receive the privileges and benefits associated with regular employment status.
Responsible for performing and coordinating accounting functions in support of the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center (HCCC) Clinical Trials Support Core (CTSC) including accounts payable and receivable activities and in assisting with budget writing & negotiation. To view full position description, please see: http://www.uihealthcare.org/otherservices.aspx?id=21727
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Some (6 months – 1 year) accounting and/or financial experience.
2. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Experience managing complex information requiring attention to detail.
4. Must be proficient in computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and various databases.
1. Experience negotiating budgets and/or contracts.
2. Experience with University insurance and/or billing process.
3. Experience with or knowledge of clinical trials
4. Medical Terminology
5. Experience with grant accounting including receipts, expenditures and reports.
6. Knowledge of University of Iowa business policies, procedures and regulations.
The University of Iowa - 22 months ago