Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Accountant.
· Maintain Asset Management System with Additions, Disposals, and Transfers.
· Update monthly the CIP spreadsheets .
· Inventory assets & record adjustments.
· Analyze equipment expense category of natural accounts to ensure capital items have not been expensed.
· Reconcile Asset Management System to the General Ledger.
· Match capital related invoices to capital PO’ s and obtain department’s approval prior to authorizing payment for capital PO’s.
· Prepares routine reports for use by management utilizing Excel, Ad Hoc Report Writer, and Access.
· Resolve differences between capital PO’s and Invoices.
· Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Finance, or Computing Science (with Coursework in Accounting or Finance. Masters preferred. One year of work experience will equate to one year of college.
· Certified Public Accountant preferred.
· Direct experience relating to property accounting and/or general ledger accounting of at least three years.
· Proficient in Excel and Word.
· Experience with Microsoft Access database software preferred.
· Accounting experience in a health related field preferred.
· Lawson Accounting Software Experience preferred.
· If scheduled for an interview, the candidate will be required to complete assessment on computer skills, office grammar, and spelling.