Performs a variety of routine and non-routine clerical/accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, accounts payable, time charging, fixed assets, and travel reimbursement. Service center point of contact for issues related to time charging, travel, accounts payable and other general accounting questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Distribute, Collect, and Process weekly Federal timecards to include accurate data entry into time charging database. Work closely with site HR to track new hires and terms for Federal Timecard purposes.
2. Assist local service center staff on inquiries related to time charging, accounts payable and travel. Train local service center staff in Apptricity. Understand the Federal Travel Regulations and be able to articulate these when questions are asked.
3. Monthly verification of detailed fixed asset report to fixed asset report provided by National accounting. Responsible for identifying and tagging new assets and working with Federal Finance on disposals of equipment. Reconcile service center Fixed Asset Inventories system (WASP) annually. Maintain inventories of equipment/furniture which are not capitalized. Track changes for additions, disposals & transfers of fixed assets.
4. Provide time-charging training and small business training in new hire orientation and annual refreshers.
5. Code A/P invoices according to the Federal Cost Accounting Standards, our Disclosure Statement, and the CLIN structure established by Federal Contracts.
6. Process Purchase Orders according to current Federal policies and procedures that include a minimum of three vendor quotes, one being from a small business. Work with managers and facilities staff to obtain Self-Certifications for small businesses and if new vendors, W-9’s for payment purposes. Proactively seek local small businesses in the area for partnerships.
7. Track and enter Federal required trainings in Federal Training Database.
8. Other projects and duties as assigned.
9. Maintain confidentiality and exhibit teamwork within department and Federal Contracts.
10. Maintain a professional relationship for co-workers.
Minimum Requirements :
Education: High School Degree required two-year accounting degree preferred
Licensures : None
Relevant Work Experience : At least 2 years of related experience with accounts payable, Time-Charging and Travel Reporting
Knowledge Skills and Abilities : Basic Computer Skills & Microsoft Excel, Word and Access knowledge
Value Options - 12 months ago
FHC Health Systems provides stability through its behavioral health care services, which are offered to millions of people through its...