The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises staff accountants & Accounts Payable clerks and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, quarterly and year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
• Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Advises accounting staff regarding the handling of routine and non-routine reporting transactions for proper GAPP treatment.
• Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controllers, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
• Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
• Supervise the general ledger and AP groups to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
• Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
• Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
• Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
• Supports SOX work, ensuring internal controls are embedded into the organization.
• Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Experience: Minimum Requirements:
• BS in Accounting W/CPA License
• Details oriented
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
• 5 to 7 years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.