After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected®. Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top Property & Casualty insurance companies in the United States and ranks 111th out of 3,000 companies which puts us in the top 4% of Property & Casualty insurance companies in the nation. Pekin Insurance also ranks 140th out of 900 Life insurance companies in the nation—making Pekin Life in the top 16%. In the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected® in all their endeavors.
For more information, visit www.pekininsurance.com
Accounting Project Manager
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Projects include but are not limited to; updating and maintaining documentation on ERM, lead research and if necessary begin phase in of ORSA, serve as company liaison for state insurance department examinations, act as company administrator for Department of Insurance websites, begin phase in of Model Audit Rule Compliance and other Accounting Projects as determined by Assistant Controller.
• Lead the planning and implementation of projects
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Define project tasks and resource requirements
• Develop full scale project plans
• Plan and schedule project timelines
• Track progress of projects
• Provide direction and support to project team
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of project to all stakeholders
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 5-7 years of project management experience is preferred
• Strong leadership and collaboration skills
• Creativity and willingness to promote change
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
• Excellent communication both written and verbal
• Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of management
• Working knowledge of a PC and Microsoft products
• Visual ability sufficient to read written information and computer displays for long periods of time.
• Repetitive wrist motion from use of mouse and keyboard.
• Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to carry on a conversation with other individuals in person and over the telephone.
• Incumbent is required to sit for long periods of time.
• This position will require the incumbent to engage in the following activities: reaching, pushing, pulling, fingering, grasping, and feeling; some of which may be repetitive.
• Health, Dental & Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Flexible Spending Account
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Vacation Time and Paid Holiday
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts on Auto and Homeowners policies
• On-Site Café
WE SELL PROTECTION AND HELP BUILD FUTURES. AT PEKIN INSURANCE, WE PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND LONG-TERM SECURITY FOR OUR POLICYHOLDERS,...