Process invoices for various property accounts, including but not limited to: wholesale, group/convention, show ticket, city ledger, banquet/catering, temporary accounts, and hotel skips.
Reconcile commission checks for travel agents.
Process late charges, after-departure marketing comps and adjustments.
Reconcile hotel credit card charges and transmitting credit card batches to the bank.
Resolve customer inquiries and disputes.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 6 months experience in a high-volume Accounts Receivable department.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 13 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...