This position is responsible for timely coordination and completion of special projects, specifically design and maintenance of The Methodist Academy trainee database and Academy website and other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain and oversee the Methodist Academy trainee database using the New Innovations software system.
2. Work with the Program Manager and designated Methodist Academy trainees, to design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot the Methodist Academy's website.
3. Complete all special projects as assigned by Program Manager, including but not limited to: scheduling and organization of Methodist Academy Trainee Association events, Summer Internship program coordination and student onboarding, and assistance with off-site promotional activities.
4. Advertise and recruit Methodist Academy programs at national conferences through exhibit marketing.
5. Perform all duties in accordance with the mission, philosophy, and established procedures of the Methodist Academy.
6. Perform all duties in accordance with the mission, philosophy, and established procedures of The Methodist Hospital Research Institute.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required.
1. Six years of administrative support experience in a healthcare or academic setting (higher education level may substitute years of experience).
2. One year of website design experience (or equivalent course completion).
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar, punctuation and style.
3. Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
4. Previous experience in web design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
5. Working knowledge of common graphics programs (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator), and using scanners and digital cameras.
6. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with time constraints.
7. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
8. Must be creative and results-oriented.
9. Must have well-developed skills in using independent judgment.
Work is performed indoors in an office setting.
Some travel required.
Houston Methodist - 20 months ago