Provides specialized administrative support to the Director. Responsible for project management as assigned, including leading, coordinating and completing projects related to TMHRI Faculty Affairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the Appointments and Promotions ('AP') process. This includes collecting all supporting documentation, preparing meeting materials, and organizing research seminars.
2. Responsible for maintaining the AP database and corresponding records.
3. Responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the Weill Cornell ('WC') faculty appointments and promotions process for all TMHRI Scientists.
4. Responsible for maintaining the WC database and corresponding records.
5. Responsible for assisting with faculty recruitment initiatives, including providing administrative support to search committees.
6. Responsible for assisting with faculty profiles on TMHS website.
7. Responsible for providing administrative support to various committees, including the Council of Deans and the Council of Chairs.
8. Responsible for developing and managing resources related to the faculty affairs office such as distribution lists, contact lists, websites, filing systems, and forms.
9. Serves as a primary information resource for diverse customers.
10. Responsible for the completion and management of other projects as assigned.
11. Fosters a 'customer focused' environment.
12. Serves on related task forces and committees as directed.
13. Participates in, and may direct, problem definition and resolution activities.
14. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
15. Demonstrates ServicePride Standards.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate degree preferred.
One year of college plus six years of progressive work experience may be substituted for the associate degree.
1. Six years of clinical business support experience in a healthcare setting.
2. One year of credentialing experience.
3. One year of administrative support experience in a healthcare setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
2. Strong focus on customer service.
3. Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities.
4. Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, and presentation software.
5. Demonstrates effective communication skills.
6. Maintains a positive and supportive attitude and demeanor.
7. Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information.
See attached physical activities checklist.
1. The working environment is varied to include general office, with normal amount of lifting, carrying and walking.
2. Demonstrates the ability to use computer technology to review and analyze data, plan and communicate.
Houston Methodist - 22 months ago