Good Shepherd Services |
, a leading NYC non-profit committed to the success of young people and families, is currently seeking an Activity Instructor (Dance), for our Beacon MS 45 Program in the Bronx.
The Activity Instructor instructs participants on various forms of dance and choreographs one performance per semester.The Office Assistant will provide all the clerical functions required by the program. They will maintain good working relations with the staff, clients, parents, and school staff, where applicable.
MAJOR DUTIES :
- Create and facilitate two dance groups per week.
- Develop dance curriculum for program participants that promotes creativity, self-esteem, cultural awareness, and pride.
- Instruct participants on various forms of dance.
- Choreograph a minimum of one performance per semester.
- Provide statistical and narrative reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Some college and experience with adolescents preferred.
- Experience and/or training in the field relevant to the position required.
- Must be able to engage young people and set structure and limits in a group setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or youth development perspective.
Good Shepherd Services is a leading youth development, education and family service agency that serves over 20,000 program participants a...