SummitRidge Hospital specializes in the provision of
mental health and chemical dependency services. Our team
of professionals provides caring and professional
inpatient and support services to adults and adolescents
suffering from psychiatric or addictive disorders.
Additionally, the Geriatric unit provides acute care for
seniors in psychiatric crisis.
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking an
experienced Activity Therapist. Provides recreational or
leisure assessments as needed. Plans and provides
activtiy therapy services for individual and/or groups
which benefit their physical, emotional, psychological
and spiritual well being. Participates with the
multidisciplinary treatment teams to integrate these
services and improve patient functioning.
Job Requirements:Minimum Qualifications:
Therapeutic Recreation and two years experience) Art
- Must be certified Recreation (Bachelor's degree in
therapist (Master's degree in art therapy with 1,000
hours post-graduate clinical experience)
therapeutic program for adults and adolescents with
- Minimum of one year experience working in a
psychiatric and/or chemical dependency patients
patients leisure skills and mastery over their
- Has a variety of skills to challenge and teach
1. Plans and leads art and recreation therapy groups.
2. Monitors physical activity level assigned to patients
and maintains the safest environment possible during
3. Monitors use of equipment and supplies
4. Leads and co-leads additional groups as needed on
assigned units as requested.
5. Completes required documentation on patients which
includes assessments and progress notes.
6. Organizes special areas for Activity Therapy services
to maintain games, supplies, videos and educational
7. Provides regular adjunctive therapy in accordance
with presenting needs and medical orders.
8. Documents all patient contacts and therapeutic
activities in the record in a timely manner.
9. Provides training and family education as needed.
10. Leads activity therapy and/or community meetings.