Job Description Conversion
What You´ll Do:
What You´ll Need:
- Provide technical support for the design, analysis, manufacture, test, and on-orbit operation of the attitude determination & control system for NASA, DoD, and commercial spacecraft. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting simulations and performance analyses necessary to size the attitude determination & control system components and develop performance budgets and documenting the results in engineering reports
- Developing the detailed design by supporting the production of performance specifications and design drawings
- Supporting assembly, integration and test by assuring the test program adequately verifies requirements, and analyzing and resolving test anomalies
- Supporting design reviews and other technical meeting with the customer.
- Supporting new business development by performing analyses and simulations of the conceptual design for the attitude determination & control system, and preparing the technical portion of the proposal
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field, such as mathematics or physics, is strongly preferred plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- Experience in spacecraft Attitude Determination & Control Systems is strongly preferred
- A solid understanding of all aspects of spacecraft attitude dynamics, attitude determination, attitude control, and fault protection
- Detailed knowledge of attitude and rate sensor and attitude control actuator hardware is highly desirable
- Effective in a small team work environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight
- A demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level
- Strong verbal and written, and presentation skills
- Applicants selected may be subjected to a government security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Prior experience working in and with controlled, classified security environments is highly desirable
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance.
Relocation for this position is Available
In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher level degree may substitute for two years of related experience. Related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority, Female, Disable, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Ball Aerospace - 21 months ago