After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected®. Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top Property & Casualty insurance companies in the United States and ranks 111th out of 3,000 companies which puts us in the top 4% of Property & Casualty insurance companies in the nation. Pekin Insurance also ranks 140th out of 900 Life insurance companies in the nation—making Pekin Life in the top 16%. In the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected® in all their endeavors.
For more information, visit www.pekininsurance.com
Resident Claim Adjuster – Cincinnati, OH
• Investigates claims for losses presented by insureds and claimants
• Contacts witnesses, agents, vendors, insureds, and claimants
• Reviews police records, hospital and medical records, and repair estimates
• Writes estimates on damages
• Uses discretion making decisions as to legal liability
• Documents investigation of losses and keeps file records
• Uses discretion and independent judgment in paying losses after damages and liabilities have been established
• Pays the loss after damages and liabilities have been established
• Maintains company vehicle in proper mechanical working order and appearance
• Studies training manuals, insurance books, pamphlets, and company policies in order to keep updated on accepted claim practices.
• Completes monthly expense reports of company vehicle
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree
• Must have prior claim experience
• Must be able to keep business matters confidential and exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
• Subject to various conditions depending on the claim, including working in various weather and environmental conditions
• Bending, lifting, climbing, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling
• Excellent communication skills are a must
• Must have valid Driver’s License and good driving record
• Health, Dental & Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Flexible Spending account
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Vacation Time and Paid Holiday
• Company Car
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
Pekin Insurance - 2 years ago
WE SELL PROTECTION AND HELP BUILD FUTURES. AT PEKIN INSURANCE, WE PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND LONG-TERM SECURITY FOR OUR POLICYHOLDERS,...