Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefits package.
We currently have an opening for an Administrative Assistant to a Manager.
* Prepares reports, correspondence and departmental materials using a variety of office equipment and software programs.
* Answers and screens telephone calls and routes call to appropriate person when appropriate.
* Processes paperwork required for departmental personnel.
* Ensures compliance with the departmental budget for selected budgets/expense categories and informs management of non-compliance.
* May maintain schedules and calendars.
* High school diploma or GED is required.
* 2-3 years of administrative assistant / secretarial experience is required.
* Must have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suites) and be able to handle specific departmental software.
* Candidate should possess exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
If scheduled for an interview, the candidate will be required to complete assessments on computer skills, office grammar and spelling.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 17 months ago