JOB FAMILY: OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
OCCUPATIONAL GROUP: OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
OCCUPATION: EXECUTIVE SECRETARIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS
We are searching for a part time temporary (30 hours per week) law clerk to work in our Tampa or Bradenton office.
- Interest in appellate work preferred
- Must have be proficient in MS Office and have strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong writing skills
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
- Maintain and update excel spreadsheets concerning attorneys' case loads and case statuses
- Create, maintain, and update templates for attorneys' pleadings
- Prepare, serve, and file initial appellate pleadings at the direction of attorney
- Receive, review, and transmit paper and electronic appellate filings, orders, and opinions to Children’s Legal Services (CLS) attorneys
- Gather case law cited in opposing counsel's filings at the direction of attorney
- Enter key appellate events into Statewide Database--FSFN
- Create and maintain statistics concerning cases and work performed by appellate attorneys
- Maintain and update the Case Law Bank of the Appeals and Appellate Advocacy website
- Maintain and update the Brief Bank of the Appeals and Appellate Advocacy website
- Upload recently released appellate opinions to Appeals and Appellate Advocacy website
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
PeopleFirst Florida HR - 6 months ago