POSITION OVERVIEW |
- The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative support to the Medical and Nursing Director of the Emergency Department.Â Â The Administrative Assistant will need toÂ be organized, have the ability to multi-task and be proficient in controlling an office atmosphere.Â Will need the ability to effectively interact with others, and to display effectiveÂ listening skills.Â Â They should also be proficient in using a variety of office technologies, such as fax machines, copiers, phone system and computer.Â Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision, and perform administrative duties requiring initiative, independence and confidentiality.
- Perform general administrative duties to include but not limited to, photo copying, faxing, mailing, filing, and use of Microsoft Office products.
- Able to complete payroll and billing tasks for emergency medical practice
- Liaison for vendors
- Equipment, stock, and office supply inventory
- Liaison to Medical Affairs office.
- Maintain confidential files.
- Setup and coordinate meetings
- Maintain calendar for Medical and Nursing Director
- Schedule evaluations, interviews, and all other appointments as needed.
- Perform difficult, complex and detailed clerical and administrative work with accuracy and speed; communicate effectively in English; follow and give oral and written directions.
- Take and transcribe minutes/memos with speed and accuracy
- Able to effectively communicate with others and display effective listening skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college preferred
- At least 4 years of increasingly responsible office administration, specialized administrative support or secretarial experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible, organized, and function under stressful situations
- Ability to Multitask and prioritize quickly
- Ability to communicate in English both verbal and written
- Strong professional communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge with demonstrated administrative skills
- High level of compassion, desire to help others, and self-confidence
Culpeper Regional Hospital - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Culpeper Regional Hospital is a general medical and surgical hospital in Culpeper, VA