Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Scheduling and payroll for slots and table games staff
- Tracking rewards, recognition, training, attendance and disciplinary records
- Maintain database and spreadsheet files
- Purchasing all items pertaining to the Casino Operations department
- Maintain departmental files, including confidential information
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate's Degree preferred.
- Must have computer software knowledge, with emphasis on Microsoft Office
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 18 months ago