Ithaca College is accepting applications for a full-time administrative assistant to perform administrative and operational duties within the Office of Career Services and in direct support of staff engaged in the delivery of programs and services for students and alumni. The successful candidate will serve as a resource to current students, alumni, parents, prospective employers, and other visitors and callers to the office; schedule appointments and student interviews; prepare, maintain, and reconcile department budgets and project accounts; and maintain the Career Library and department and project files and records.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serve as a resource to current students, alumni, parents, prospective employers, and other visitors and callers to the Office of Career Services. Provide general information on services, programs, events, workshops and seminars. Schedule appointments and student interviews; make referrals as appropriate.
2. Monitor and maintain student activity in appropriate database system to include eRecruitment and C3M; enter student activities; run monthly student activities reports and ensure accuracy of the data.
3. Maintain OnBase credential file system; receive and process registration information, letters of recommendation and evaluations, create files and process credential file requests.
4. Prepare, maintain, and reconcile department budgets and project accounts; monitor and reconcile expenditures, maintain budget records; process financial transactions using the on-line financial information system Parnassus; process EZ Pay transactions, enter and approve purchase requisitions, receive and process invoices for payment, and enter pro-card expenditures.
5. Update the Office of Career Services brochures, bookmarks, cheat sheets and update sections of the website as assigned. Maintain and update multimedia displays. Submit Intercom announcements and advertisements to the Ithacan.
6. Provide assistance regarding the hiring process for new staff; assist in preparing waivers to post, Authorization for Recruitment and recommendations for hire; provide assistance to the search committee chairperson to include typing correspondences, setting up and maintain applicant files, setting up itineraries and making travel arrangements.
7. Participate in the search and selection process for hiring student assistants to be assigned to the Office of Career Services; assist with developing work schedules and training. Supervise assigned student assistants; provide work assignments, review performance and approve online time records.
8. Assist staff within the Office of Career Services and visitors or guests with travel arrangements; make airline and hotel reservations; complete registrations for conferences and meetings; process travel authorization and expense forms; and reconcile credit card expenditures.
9. Maintain the Career Library to include ordering books and renewing subscriptions. Maintain a database/filing system for career exploration.
10. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the various department databases and student records; answer questions and provide assistance and serve as a resource to students, alumni and staff in accesses and using the various systems.
11. Initiate all requests for routine maintenance, and equipment repair in accordance with departmental procedures. Recommend to supervisor methods for improvement of office procedures or workflow; initiate approved suggestions.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Associates degree and a minimum of two years previous office experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience; excellent customer service skills and a team–oriented attitude; strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; previous experience maintaining and monitoring departmental budgets and expenditures; ability to work with different technologies including various word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications; good attention to detail; and the ability to prioritize projects, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines required. Previous experience working in a college or university setting preferred.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants should apply on-line at apply.icjobs.org and attach a cover letter, resume, and a list containing the contact information for at least three professional references. Questions about the online application process should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at 607-274-8000. Screening of applicants will begin immediately.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.