Position requires five (5) or more years of previous office experience utilize office equipment and a variety of software packages, such as for spreadsheets and databases. Comprehensive skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices needed. Such skills/knowledge would typically be acquired in a two (2) year program beyond high school. Needs to have excellent communication skills. Often needs to influence others and to resolve difficult problems. Needs to be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability. Needs to be able to cope with stresses and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- Operates automated and manual office equipment.
- Screens telephone calls/visitors for principal and resolves routine inquiries. Interfaces with internal and/or external customers in situations that often require high degrees of tact and discretion. Often required to interact with high level executives both internally and with outside companies over scheduling and related activities.
- Performs a wide variety of routine and non-routine secretarial support duties typically including, but not limited to: composing routine and complex correspondence and reports for the department frequently integrating material from varied sources, prioritizing mail, travel arrangements, etc. Aids principal by developing and preparing visual aids such as charts and graphs for presentation at high level meetings that often involve outside firms. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of files and records. Maintains control files of matters in progress and follows up to ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- In support of principal, handles special administrative projects, such as business proposals, preparation and maintenance of department budgets and weekly reports. Is responsible for monitoring recurring data and bringing unusual activity to the attention of the principal.
- May assign work to lower level administrative support personnel.
- May take part in training and orientation of new employees.
- May administer personnel policies, such as payroll questions, benefits, vacation, smoking, etc.
- Handles sensitive information in a professional, confidential manner.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...