Advanced level administrative assistant. Under limited supervision, performs diverse and complex administrative assignments and tasks for departments/internal customer groups.
- General/routine administrative duties. Prepares memos, letters, reports and documentation. May be of confidential nature
- May open and sort mail, order supplies.
- May maintain calendars
- Travel arrangements. International travel arrangements may be required.
- Perform department functions (filing, copying, org chart maintenance, metrics).
- Acts as liaison between the departments this position is supporting and key clients. May support internal customers/key clients.
- Schedule and prepare for department meetings and events requiring preparation of meeting materials and logistics (may include global coordination).
- Provides accurate compilation and reporting of data.
- Recognizes, initiates, and leads improvement activities.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- May perform department timekeeping.
- May assist in other department functions including but not limited to: Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing, Engineering Documents and Processes, Purchasing Coordination, etc.
- May require limited domestic travel
Education or Formal Training:
- Intermediate computer skills including complete MS Office Environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio). Knowledge and ability to use general office equipment, such as copiers, faxes, printers, computers, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and professionalism.
- The ability to perform intermediate tasks gained through experience and training. Tasks are routine and may be diverse requiring judgment and independent thinking. Often exposed to information of a confidential nature.
- The ability to assist other administrative assistants with tasks. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Also, requires demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- The ability to process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously with competing priorities. Practices effective time management.
- Maintain excellent concentration, organization and prioritization skills, not only for self but for those supported by this position.
- The ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner. Also perform tasks with a high level of integrity.
- The ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team.
- The ability to define, diagnose, and resolve problems and the ability to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- The ability and willingness to take independent action and complete job tasks with minimal instruction. This includes the ability and willingness to recognize assignments or tasks that need to be completed, to seek out additional assignments or tasks, and to help others.
- Ability to function effectively and efficiently in a complex and demanding environment.
- The ability to coordinate domestic travel using an online travel management system (international travel may be required).
- US - High School diploma or GED.
- Continued Education, Training or Certifications, preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience with manager level or above.
- Minimal global cultural understanding and experience desired.
Woodward is a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO - USA. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodward technology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1st Shift / Day Job