All Persons Interested
HOUSTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
600 JEFFERSON, HOUSTON, TX 77002
M – F 8 am – 5 pm
*Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Compiles data for use in a variety of reports and composes, edits and types correspondence
• Maintains, prepares, revises and disseminates department rules, regulations, policies, procedures and other pertinent reference information,
• Assists in department budget preparation and monitoring,
• Assists in planning and implementing department sponsored activities and programs.
• Coordinates special projects and conducts filed investigations to evaluate project progress,
• Performs day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
• Receives, sorts and distributes mail and packages received,
• Serves as back-up for front desk responsibilities that include answering incoming calls, greeting incoming customers and referring them to the appropriate staff member,
• Schedules and organizes conference room meetings,
• Acts as a back-up for requisition processing,
• Ensures knowledge of staff movements in and out of the department,
• Performs other administrative duties for the entire EMS Division as requested
The position is physically comfortable most of the time with occasional periods of stooping, bending and/or light lifting of materials of up to 10 pounds. There are occasional minor discomforts from exposure to less-than-optimal temperature and air conditions.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, or a related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
One year of professional administrative work experience is required. Professional administrative experience may be substituted for the above education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Requires a valid Texas driver's license and compliance with the City of Houston policy on driving (AP2-2)
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with the Executive Order 1-6.**
Strong verbal communication, interpersonal and listening skills, Bilingual in Spanish; Basic to intermediate computer skills.
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED Bilingual Spanish test
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION Yes
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Salary Range – Pay Grade 13
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
For application status inquiries or special accommodations, please call 832-394-6605.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
An Equal Opportunity Employer