American Tire consists of over 3,400 employees throughout the United States. We continue to expand and the acquisitions and new operations continue to enhance our ability to offer the most complete selection of tires, wheels and related products and value-added service across America to independent tire retailers.
PURPOSE OF ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK
This will be an entry level position that assists the public and performs a variety of word processing, typing, reception, records keeping, file maintenance, collections duties and other responsible clerical duties. Will occupy a position of confidence, trust and responsibility in the performance of all activities related to this position.
- Perform research, record keeping, processing and maintenance functions in regards to clerical assignments
- Perform word processing and type drafts and finished documents based on a variety of material from written and oral instructions, including correspondence, reports, charts and other materials
- Compose routine correspondence from notes or oral instructions
- Perform collection calls, monitor customer credit lines
- Perform routine A/R tasks, reconcile customer accounts, etc.
- Maintain logs, files, specialized information system data files and other record keeping systems used in connection with Center activities
- Perform various clerical office activities, such as opening, sorting and distributing mail, receiving and directing calls and visitors and arranging for appointments and meetings
- Handle processing of national account transactions, reconciling accounts, etc.
- Provide administrative support in cash management, including routine banking procedures associated with the Company, receiving invoices and cash from drivers, handling NSF check information, preparing periodic lists, making decisions concerning Company Line of Credit and Letters of Credit.
- Provide information and prepare reports obtained from specific sources under appropriate conditions and presents facts without interpretation
- Assist with payroll processes and functions as directed
- Education : Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Prior work experience sufficient to work under general supervision
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills Required
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of alphabetic and numeric filing, of basic arithmetic, of office work procedures and practices, including the operation of commonly used office machines and word processing applications
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possess excellent vocabulary, spelling and grammar skills
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
American Tire Distributors offers a competitive salary and benefits. The Company maintains a two-tiered group health plan that covers all employees with healthcare, dental and vision coverage. Employees that participate in the Company’s wellness program are eligible for free health care coverage. A 401(k) plan is offered to all employees after one year of service. Also covered for employees is short-term disability and life insurance coverage, additional coverage for both long-term disability and life insurance is available for purchase. Employees are eligible for employee purchases of company inventory at a discount – tires, wheels, etc... Vacation and sick days are accumulated based on tenure for each calendar year.
American Tire Distributors - 21 months ago
Concerned about that upcoming "re-tire-ment"? Discount Tire, one of the largest independent tire dealers in the US, can provide...