Job Title: Production Team Member
Department: Operations Location: Tremonton
Reports to: Line Manager Prepared by: HR
FLSA status: Hourly Non Exempt Date: February 2013
The primary responsibility of the Production Team Member is to learn and operate all related equipment in the assigned Packaging or processing area. Will be responsible for participating in all related programs to improve line product quality, efficiency and related preventative maintenance programs. Support, implement, and maintain food safety practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
· Perform all production equipment operations and production related tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
· Change over all related equipment.
· Perform repairs and preventive maintenance on all related equipment.
· Maintain clean work areas, perform sanitation audits and develop action plans to correct problem areas.
· Perform expanded list of quality checks on raw ingredients, intermediate and finished products and packaging materials.
· Record production data required for measuring waste, downtime or production efficiency, or other pertinent data as required.
· Provide assistance in all related areas.
· Prepare production reports for the Team.
· Plan ahead to maximize efficiency of Team and equipment.
· Participate in all activities of the Team.
· Substitute for any Team Member during breaks/absence/vacation.
· Assist in other areas of the plant upon request.
· Participate in special projects/assignments.
· Communicate pertinent information to other Team Members and shifts.
· Coordinate shift activities related to production.
· Participate in all training activities of the Team as required.
· Maintain flexibility to attend meetings during non-scheduled times as required.
· Willing to participate on plant committees.
· Work with various support staff effectively.
· Perform a variety of audits as required.
High School Diploma or GED
At least 3 years of manufacturing or related experience
· Intermediate level mechanical knowledge to include the ability to understand the operation of processing and packaging equipment
· Intermediate level math skills to include knowledge of statistical process control
· Ability to work within a team environment and communicate effectively and efficiently within the team
· Ability to use basic hand and power tools
· Ability to follow detailed work instructions
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language
· Regular attendance
· Work overtime
· Good communication skills
· Must work well with others
The Production Team Member position will interact regularly with other Team Members to coordinate production demands. Position will also be responsible for interacting with support staff (Sanitation, Quality, Engineering, etc) along with Line Managers.
This position will require intermediate level problem solving skills. This position will be responsible for solving process and mechanical problems as they arise. This position will be expected to work with Maintenance, Sanitation, Quality, etc to find solutions to more complex problems.
The Production Team Member works under the guidance of the on duty Line Manager.
This position will be responsible to the on duty Line Manager or Team Lead. They will also be responsible for learning and operating all related Production equipment.
MOM Brands is an equal opportunity employer.
Post Consumer Brands
- 2 years ago - save job
Post Consumer Brands is the newly formed branded CPG division of Post Holdings. Today, the primary business category is cereal, comprised of...