Good Shepherd Services |
, a leading NYC non-profit committed to the success of young people and families, is currently seeking an Advocate Counselor, for our Monroe High School YABC Program in the Bronx.
The Advocate Counselor provides individual and group counseling, case management, advocacy, referrals and crisis intervention to older adolescents in Young Adult Borough Center (YABC) Program and assists in implementing other aspects of the program in close collaboration with agency and school personnel.
- Provide case management for students identified as in need of supportive services.
- Provide individual and group counseling and crisis intervention as needed.
- Provide family outreach and involvement as appropriate.
- Develop and implement workshops responsive to student needs.
- Assist students in attending school regularly through identifying obstacles and connecting with resources; attendance outreach including home visits.
- Assist in carrying out other aspects of the program including planning trips, celebrations, and leadership activities.
- Support students with all aspects of the college preparation process including applications, financial aid, personal essay, and college visits.
- Function as an active member of Good Shepherd Services and school teams.
- Perform statistical, narrative, and record keeping duties as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have experience working with adolescent/young adults individually and in groups.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Prior experience in a school setting helpful.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.