The ADW Systems Support Engineer will be part of a team that provides a support function for 24x7 business operations. This includes issue management and tracking, software deployment and release management, scripting/automation of system management procedures and monitoring/alerting tools and applications. The role will also encompass release deployments and process and system automation projects.
The systems are delivered using Microsoft .Net, IIS and Web Services, MSMQ, MS Clustering and MS SQL Server. An expert and in depth working knowledge of the technology in this environment is required.
Required Technical Skills:
- 3+ years in Windows Server (2008R2, 2012), IIS 7/7.5 and MS SQL Server
- Strong working knowledge of Web Services, Windows Services and Windows Clustering
- IIS 7/7.5 Configuration & Administration
- SQL 2008R2/2012
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals.
- T-SQL Coding
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Windows Clustering
- Working knowledge of Windows Services
- Scripting Skills (VBScript, Jscript, Powershell etc.)
- Microsoft MCP/MCSE
- Good technical debugging, problem solving and problem management skills.
- A proven ability as a self-starter and initiate product/process improvement ideas.
- Ability to escalate, track and own problems until resolution.
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft OS/IIS/Windows Server Environment
- Ability to deal with end-users and communicate and explain problems and their resolutions to Customer
- Triage with 3 rd party technology providers on issue root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Will be required to work in a support rota covering weekends and on-call out of hours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player attributes.
- Customer awareness.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
The New York Racing Association, Inc. - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard