Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. We are proud to have been named by Washington CEO Magazine as one of the TOP THREE companies to work for in the entire state of Washington!
Description of position
The Build and Application Deployment Engineer within the Application Environment Management (AEM) Team will be responsible for the software configuration management and deployment processes. The AEM Build & Application Deployment Engineer will lead strategic and tactical planning of automated build processes and build infrastructure to meet Costco specific business needs. This position will be responsible for establishing effective processes and automation tooling to support service and solution development in support of the application lifecycle. The individual filling this role will also be expected to deliver excellent customer service and to interact in a highly effective manner with other team members and management.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Leads the team in determining build and deployment infrastructure system requirements, specifications, input/out processes and working parameters for hardware and software compatibility.
- Provide technical expertise in establishing automation competencies and tooling that simplifies and streamlines the application build and deployment process.
- Drive the development of processes for software configuration management which includes configuration item identification, application build management, and quality assurance in the validation of artifacts and deliverables.
- Manage software branching and merging activities and identify software component dependencies between concurrent software development projects.
- Collaborates with Solution Architects in solution delivery and participates in Infrastructure, Application and Deployment Center of Excellence teams, driving a formal governance process per domain reference architecture that includes configuration standards for each supported application architecture.
- Consults and drives short and long term project planning efforts as is relates to Application Management throughout the numerous test environments and into production.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture to design and review architectural decision documents and strategic direction.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures, best practices and technical documentation in a technical repository.
- Proactively manage system resources to assure maximum system performance and appropriate additional capacity for peak periods and growth.
- Ensures all builds are accurately built prior to deployment.
- Responsible for mentoring AEM team to drive operational efficiencies and technical growth within the team.
- Provides deep subject matter expertise.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and standards.
- Assist with staffing decisions and lead hiring process.
- Fosters a strong team dynamic.
- Provide support to the user community using incident, problem, and defect management tools.
- Serve as a mentor and provide guidance and training to other team members and I.S. personnel.
- Periodic off-hours work required including weekends and holidays. Must be able to provide 24 by 7 on-call support as necessary.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Minimum 7 years’ experience and knowledge of Configuration Management best practices.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Subversion (or a similar Source Code Management Tool) and versed in Subversion administration, branching and tagging.
- Experience defining, implementing and maintaining a configuration management strategy for software development projects.
- Proven experience configuring environments and deployment management.
- UNIX/AIX/Linux Shell scripting is essential.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to partner with others in the area or company to deliver quality solutions.
- Able to work effectively and produce consistent results with a minimum of supervision. Self-motivated, responsible, conscientious, and detail-oriented.
- Able to work well under pressure and handle crisis situations professionally.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Familiar with a typical J2EE environment.
- MQ knowledge is a plus.
Costco Wholesale - 12 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...