Jacobs/TYBRIN, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jacobs Technology, Inc. is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services. We focus on innovative solutions for our customers at the Department of Defense (DoD) and other Government organizations.
Jacobs/TYBRIN is seeking incumbents or interested individuals to support AF Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) and Expeditionary PED Maintenance training operations at Beale AFB, CA.
** Position awaiting contract award **
Primary responsibilities are to plan, organize, and deliver maintenance instruction, and to fulfill operations, logistics, and Communications Security (COMSEC) Responsible Officer (CRO) duties.
Instruction topics can include setup, installation & configuration, operation, upgrades, troubleshooting and performance of corrective actions, performance of preventive maintenance, and disassembly of the various equipment/systems.
The Training Specialist collaborates with the customer to develop, enhance, and/or evaluate new or existing learning objectives and course content, and will keep abreast of training methods and follow best practices. Our personnel will provide maintenance instruction in support of the Expeditionary PED Training Center (EPTC) and the Distributed Common Ground System Maintenance Training Center (DMTC).
This position is for Maintenance Training Specialists.
Bachelor's degree in related field and 6+ years progressive experience. An
additional two years of subject-related experience may be applied in lieu of
Bachelor's degree. Additional courses in mathematics, computer science,
or information technologies are desirable.
CompTIA Network+, Security+ or comparable DoD 8570 certification
learning objectives for continually changing C4ISR systems of increasingly
- Directs, plans and evaluates training programs or activities to meet customer
diverse scope. Contributes to the development of course content, training
materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional
formats. Develops exam materials and may be responsible for testing and
qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives.
Monitors and evaluates training programs, assesses results, and implements
enhancements as needed. May perform post-training follow up to determine applicability
of course material or training approaches.
mobile training team.
- Five years experience in electronics-communications maintenance required.
- Instruct users in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Experience with Unix/Solaris is mandatory for DMTC positions
- Experience using Windows operating system, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and capable of working independently.
- Highly energetic with a strong work ethic.
- May be required to travel to/from other locations to provide support as a
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Normal color vision.
immersive learning environments
- Experience with persistent and lifecycle analysis of training programs
- Experience with developing and instructing Advanced Distributed Learning or
- Experience with a minimum of one deployment as an ISR system maintainer in a forward operating area
- Knowledge of US Air Force ISD theory and applications or formal instruction
qualified, CTT+ certified, degree certified).
- Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) experience is a plus.
- Instructor qualifications preferred (examples include military instructor
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: sitting, eyes, hands). May involve long periods of sitting or standing depending on current tasking. Must be able to carry a maximum of 35lbs and climb. May be exposed to areas of high noise levels. Must be able to fly in experimental aircraft during test flights.
Work involves an inside office environment/cubicle. (Considerations: closed quarters, close together, limited lighting). Must be able to commute between buildings to support work requirements. Independent transportation necessary to support work requirements and to arrive at work site. No hazards on job site or any unusual environmental condition exists.
Equipment and Machines:
Personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, laser printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies
Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday (excluding Saturday & Sunday). Position may require occasional weekend or evening work depending on task requirements. Regular attendance is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings.
Other Essential Functions:
1) Needs to have clear, concise, and accurate communication skills.
2) Must have ability to work well with office staff and customer representatives.
3) Government security clearance may be required in the future.
4) Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
5) Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
6) Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs Technology - 13 months ago